Meditating is a powerful tool - when you get acquainted with it.
Many people neglect to implement meditation in their daily routine because they may find it to be useless, boring, or unnecessary. Or, they don't think they can shut their brains off. While it may be hard to adjust to in the beginning, I promise you to stick it through so you can experience the magic. Once you do, you will look forward to this part of your routine.
Some of the few benefits of meditating:
- reduce stress and anxiety
- give your brain some quiet time
- improve attention
- focus on the here and now
- bring awareness to yourself
How to get started:
- Find a time where you can be in a quiet & comfortable place to sit where you won't be disturbed
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath, in through your nose. Let it drop all the way in your lungs.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds, then slowly exhale through your mouth.
- Focus your attention on your breath and let it become your anchor for meditation
- Notice the sensation of the air flowing in and out of your nostrils. Try to visualize it in your brain.
- If your mind starts to wander, gently bring your attention back to your breath and focus on the present.
- Take a few more deep breaths and feel your body relaxing with each exhale.
- Continue to breathe deeply & slowly, sink deeper into a state of relaxation and mindfulness.
- When you're ready, take one last deep breath, exhale slowly, & open your eyes.
How to implement into your routine:
- pick a spot that you find the most peaceful and calming, that you look forward to being in
- spruce up the space! add candles, aromatherapy, whatever feels calming and supportive
- make it a habit by meditating right when you wake up
- right it down in your calendar or planner